The National Service Scheme (NSS) was evolved and introduced by the Government of India in the year 1969. It aims at developing amongst students a sense of participation in nation building through Social Work. This deepens understanding of the social environment and enriches his/her personality through actual participation in day-to-day life of the society. This process of learning is not only a desirable supplement to the classroom education but develops in the student a sense of responsibility, tolerance and cooperation. The NSS plays a vital role in the development of the latent aspects of the student's personality.
The NSS motto expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for service, an appreciation of another person's point of view and consideration for fellow human beings. It illustrates that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society as a whole; therefore, it is the aim of the NSS to demonstrate its motto in day-to-day activities. Motto is "Not Me, Not You but We"
- The aim of the NSS is Education through community service.
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- evelop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
- Activities are held during all academic semesters , and are usually located in a college campus rural village or a city suburb. Volunteers may be involved in such activities as:Stage shows or a procession creating awareness of such issues as social problems, education and cleanliness, AIDS awareness programme.
- Inviting doctors for health camps.
- Vaccination and blood donation camps.
- Camps, cleaning of college campus etc.
-- Programme officer
Prof. Vishal Danawade
Dept. of Computer Science and Engg.
Contact No.: +91-9900930414