Born on 1 st August 1947, Dr Prabhakar B. Kore has completed Bachelors degree in commerce.Today, he holds many a posts and is equally ably serving all the positions.
To mention a few, he is an active member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and holds the position of Vice-president for Karanataka Pradesh. He has many a credits to his name in establishing co–operative banks for women in rural areas and co–operative credit societies in urban areas.
His visionary and iconic leadership has catapulted the growth of K L E Society from 37 institutions in 1984 into an educational empire of 256 institutions today. The society has redesigned and redefined itself to meet the needs of the 21 st Century under his able guidance. Also, the society was able to take health care to the door steps of the people. He has also successfully initiated the formation of K L E University.
- Vice-President, Karnataka Pradesh Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
- Director, National Federation of Co-operative Sugar Factories, New Delhi (since 1990)
- Ex-Chairman, & Director of Shri Doodhaganga Krishna Co-op.Sugar Factory, CHIKODI which received the award for being the Best Co.op. Sugar Factory in South India
- Director, INDIAN Sugar and General Industry Export & Import Corporation Ltd., New Delhi.
- Director, Rajkumar Forge Ltd., Pune,Maharashtra
- Chief Promoter of the Proposed Shivashakti Sugars Ltd. being setup at Soundatti, Tq: Raibag in Karnataka.
- Trustee on the Board of Society of Computer Technology & Research (PICT), Pune – an Engineering Institute
- President, Lord Basaveshwar Education Society, New Delhi.
- Vice-President, All India Private Medical Colleges & Private Engineering Colleges Association, Bangalore.
- Working President, Belgaum District Task Force on Total Quality Management in Higher Education.
- Member State Level Apex Body (SLAB) – Quality Assurance & Sustenance in Colleges and Universities in Karnataka -TQM & NAAC Accreditation.
- A Member of the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
- 2001 – 2007 Member, Karnataka Legislative Council.
- June 2008 – Elected to Rajya Sabha(2008-2014)
Aug. 2010 onwards Member, Committee on Health and Family Welfare.
- Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- May 2011 onwards Member, Sub-committee-II to examine the functioning of CGHS of the Committee on Health and Family Welfare
Official Member of the Delegation of the State visit of Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Hon’ble President of India, to Belgium and Turkey from 2nd to 8thOctober, 2013.
- Worked on Parliamentary Committees on Education, Railways, Hindi Prasara, Planning, Agriculture and other welfare related aspects.
- June 2014 – Elected to Rajya Sabha
- Conferred Honorary Doctorate by Karnatak University Dharwad, in its 58th Annual Convocation held on 13th February 2008 in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the field of education.
- Recipient of the Life Time Achievement Award for Education, Service and Commitment to Society awarded for the very first time by Veershaiva Samaj of North America in New York.
- Recipient of ‘Suvarna Karnataka Rajyotsav Award – 2006’ for outstanding contribution in the field of education by the Govt. of Karnataka.
- Recipient of the ‘Outstanding Educationist’ of the year 2004 by ‘Giants International Group’. This prestigious award was presented by Sri Amitab Bachhan, the icon of the Indian Film Industry.
- Recipient of Rotary International Award for his outstanding contribution in the filed of Education and Health Services.
- Recipient of Karnataka Sangha, Pune Award.
- Recipient of prestigious Aravind Award by Nadoj Pratisthan, Belgaum.
- Actively involved in the Karnataka Rang Bhoomi and Natak Academy.
- Honoured on 21st December, 2007 by the Kannada Sangh Bahrain, the, Island of Pearls in Persian Gulf, in “Kannada Vaibhav 2007” at the hands of Shri Balakrishna Shetty, Indian Ambassador to Bahrain.
- Honoured as “Eminent Educationist” by Karnatak Sangh Qatar, Dec, 2009. Felicitated at Long Island, New York by “Nargis Dutt Foundation” of North America for work in the field of Education and Health Care.
- “Life Time Achievement Award”, honour by “TiE – The Indus Entrepreneurs” – a Body of successful entrepreneurs, corporate executives and senior professionals of Silicon Valley, USA on 29.01.2013 at Hubballi. Award was conferred by Shri Ratan Tata in the presence of Mr. Naryan Murthy of Infosys, chairperson of Global Research Alliance Dr. Raghunath Mashelkar, and President of Deshpande foundation Dr. Gururaj Deshpande.
- Honorary Doctorate conferred by the Rani Channamma University, Belagavi on 16.02.2013 for outstanding contributions to Education and Health Care.
- Honoured by Ms. Cathelin Sibelius, Secretary Health, USAfor outstanding contribution in the field of medical education & research.
- Honorary Doctorate In Education, By Universiti Sains Malaysia, In Recognition of his excellent and Outstanding services and Contributions On 17th November 2015
Here is what our chairman has to say –
Education – Empowers individual, Benefits community
Let us think of education as a means of developing our greatest ability, because in each of us, there is a private hope and dream which if fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength of our society and nation.”
Nothing can surmount the feeling of satisfaction that I am getting while witnessing dreams being translated into reality. The dream to provide one of the best institutes of technology for rural youths is being realized with the development of K. L. E. College of Engineering & Technology, Chikodi, year after year. The institute in a very short span of time has managed to carve a name in north Karnataka region. Each new session comes with its own sets of achievement. We have taken the onus to equip ourselves with the skills and tools required to survive in this world of fierce competition.
With great deal of pride and satisfaction I welcome the future generation of Engineers and Technologists to K. L. E. College of Engineering and Technology and assure you that the institute will provide you the apt launching pad to fly high motivated by great leadership and inspiring faculty members.
We believe that education empowers the individual and benefits the entire community. We have a vision of high quality lifelong learning, accessible to all.
We will put the learner at the heart of everything we do, raise expectations and work together with mutual respect for “Education is our future..”
Dr. Prabhakar B.Kore, M.P.,
K.L.E. Society, Belagavi.