Indian Concrete Institute (ICI) is one of the leading professional bodies in India, catering to the professional needs of individuals and organizations involved in concrete. It is a non-profit organization, dedicated to the cause of disseminating knowledge on concrete, to promote concrete technology and construction and to address the research needs of concrete. ICI has Student Chapters all over the country.
ICI Student chapter was inaugurated at KLE College of Engineering and Technology, Chikodi on 06/04/2017.
- To bridge the gap between what we are learning in classroom and what is happening in site. ICI provides opportunity to listen to, and to interact with experts from within the country and abroad.
- Concessional Delegate fee for participation in ICI events, to get updated on the latest technology & practices in Concrete Industry.
- Access to Job Portal E-learning Portal
- Concessional rates for Publications of ICI.
- Support to conduct Training Programs, Workshops, Conferences, Site Visits etc.
- Support in calling professionals in civil engineering for delivering Guest Lectures, on topics of interest.
- “ICI-Update” a monthly e-bulletin from ICI, to keep abreast of the happenings in ICI and to know the Forthcoming Events.
- Opportunity to participate in ICI conducted competitions like ICI FEST, which is a zonal meet of Students Chapters.
- Waiver of entrance fee to become Life Member of ICI, after graduation.
- Access to ICI Archives, which is a collection of valuable Technical Papers.
- Access to ICI reference library.
TECHNICAL TALKS • Talks are arranged by various experts from industries and academic institutes to interact with practicing professionals.
FIELD VISITS • Frequent site visits are conducted to get an exposure on civil engineering practices.
WORKSHOPS • At least two workshops are conducted per semester to enhance practical skills.
CONTESTS • Every month contests like quiz, puzzles, paper presentations etc. will be conducted
TECH FEST • Every year there will be a tech fest organized.
CAREER GUIDANCE CELL • To enlighten students with current career opportunities.
GATEWAY • To Mould students as ‘self preparatory’ for various competitive exams like GATE, SSC,UPSC, etc
STUDENT PLACEMENT CELL • Handles all aspects of placements at civil engineering dept.
NEWS LETTER • Monthly newsletter will be published which will constitute international development in the field of civil Engineering and activities of the chapter.